Jeremy's mom turned 60 this year and for her birthday celebration she took the whole family on a California vacation. First to Disneyland and then to Manhattan Beach. Thank you so much for a great vacation and memories that will last forever!
Our adventure started on Monday morning as my dad took us to the airport. Hunter was very excited that we finally completed our Disneyland countdown and it was time to go the airport. We arrived early which allowed time for Eva to run around a little bit. We were pushing her past her nap time in hopes that she would sleep on the plane. After we boarded the plane, Eva was in need of her milk but again, I was trying to hold her off so she could have something to suck on as we took off. She got very loud but I knew it wouldn't last long. Once she got her milk, she was fine. She had her own seat which we were very grateful for (thank you G-ma) and she sat in her carseat. It took Eva about an hour to fall asleep but then she was out for almost 2 hours. Hunter was across the aisle with Jeremy and his dad. They said he loved taking off and landing. I thought he would sleep on the plane but he didn't.
Once we arrived at LAX and got our luggage we were off to board the Disneyland bus. Unfortunately, we were a few minutes late (but really that bus was early) for that hours bus and had to wait another hour for the next one. Hunter loved watching all the buses and cars go by.
The bus ride to the hotel lasted forever...(about 90 mins, maybe longer). The traffic was bad but we finally made it to the hotel. By time we checked in and got to our rooms it was time for our dinner reservations at Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney. Dinner was yummy and for entertainment a balloon artist came to the table and made all the kids different characters of their choosing.
After dinner we went to the huge Disney store to look around. Before the trip, I had done a lot of reading up on Disneyland b/c I had never been and wanted to be in the know on what goes on! I found a great website a few months ago (only wished I would have found it earlier) but the girl who runs it is totally awesome! I had emailed her back and forth several times with questions and she was always so prompt in responding. As the trip got closer I asked if she was going to be in the parks during our stay and the only day she was going to be there was that Monday. So she met up with me at the Disney store. So awesome to meet her. Fun fact about her is that her and her hubby lived in OP for a year and a half. Anyway, I can't say enough good things about her. While at the parks, she even let me text her with questions. So helpful!!
We made our way back to the hotel and got the kids ready for bed. After they were in bed, the girls (Diane, Shannon and me) headed to Target to get food and diapers for the week.
Upon returning to the hotel, you could see the World of Color show at California Adventure from our floor window. It looked awesome and I couldn't wait to see it in person.
 |
Kiddos in their shirts I made (well, bought iron ons and ironed them on;-)
|
 |
| Watching the planes |
 |
| Waiting for our plane |
 |
| And more waiting |
 |
| Sleeping in her signature position. (arm behind her head) |
 |
| Hunter enjoying the flight |
 |
| Everyone and the luggage waiting for the bus |
 |
| On the bus ride to the hotel. |
 |
| Hunter cracked me up by going up to give this Goofy a hug in our hotel lobby. |
 |
| Hold still kids...there will be a lot of these photos taken, just do it for mom. |
 |
| Dinner entertainment |
 |
| Eva in Downtown Disney. |
 |
Jeremy and Hunter with his Dusty balloon. Hard to tell from the picture but it really did look like Dusty! |
 |
| The kiddos after dinner. |
 |
Me and Casey from DLRPrep. Did I mention how awesome she is?!
|
 |
| View of World of Color from our floor. Cars Land is in the back of the pic. |
No comments:
Post a Comment