Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Eva Turns 1 Month Old

Eva's first month flew by but at the same time it feels like she has been here longer.  She did a lot of sleeping and at 3.5 weeks old she slept the whole night...from about 11:15 to 8:00.  And she only woke because I "had" to take a picture of her and the flash woke her up.  It was crazy and she continued to do that for the next week.  She sleeps pretty well during the day but in the evening she is the master of cluster feeding.  So we basically just hang out on the couch and she is latched on and off for a couple hours.  I shower before bed so Jeremy will watch Eva and try to keep her happy.  For the first couple weeks, my showers were really short b/c I could hear her cry and not stop.  But by the end of the month she started to figure things out and would wait longer to start crying;-)

Eva has been sleeping in the pack and play in our room.  I like having her in the room but she is very noisy when sleeping and at times I think she is awake but she isn't.  She really likes to listen to music.  We have several baby sound machine type items and they all seem to get her attention.  The swing and bouncer don't seem to soother her.  She wants nothing to do with a pacifier.  But I'm not going to give up on trying to find one that works for her.  Nursing is her favorite thing to sooth her.  Along with being a champion nurser she is a champion at the number of diapers she goes through during the day.  She can soak a newborn cloth diaper within 45 minutes.  It will be nice when she can wear a bigger size.  It doesn't take long for her to soak a disposable either.  She wore the newborn size diapers for about 2 weeks and now is wearing size 1.

She looks like her daddy but I have seen a few of my baby pictures that look like her.

Her one month check up went very well.
10 lbs 11oz - 90th percentile
22 inches long - 75th percentile
14.5 inches for head circumference - 55th percentile


No comments:

Post a Comment