Thursday, April 24, 2014

The First Few Weeks with Eva

For the first few weeks after Eva was born we pretty much just hung out home.  We also did a lot of basketball watching despite KU's short tourney appearance.  Jeremy was off for two weeks so Hunter and he did a lot of playing together and giving me opportunities to nap when Eva was napping.  We had lots of visitors stop by to see Eva.  Hunter adjusted to her without any problems.  When she is nursing he, just plays and will say that Eva is drinking her milk. He is a big help when changing her diaper.  He likes to throw her diaper away to "make a basket".  And Bow-dog has done great with her.  Pretty much acts like nothing is different.

The Sunday after she was born, we went for a weight check and she was a rockstar.  We left the hospital with her weighing 8lbs 4oz and at the check she was at 8lbs and 7oz.  The nurse said they like to see the babies gain a half ounce to an ounce a day and she gained an ounce and a half each day:-)

One thing I really dislike is the umbilical cord stump.  I'm always scared that clothes are rubbing it and causing pain.  I also don't like cleaning it but I lucked out and hers fell off at 5 days!  It was the night before her newborn photo shoot:-)  I'll post her newborn pictures in a separate post.

Pictures of Eva's first few weeks:
Going home...don't let the paci fool you...she doesn't like them

dress up with a fun hat

Gran, Gramps, Hunter and Eva 
Aunt Minda with Eva

I'm awake!

chillin

Glad she got to wear her KU outfit a few times

This dress was a hand-me-down from Aunt Shannon

G-ma with the kiddos

sibling love

waving "hi"

bath time



Lil' girl

Hunter loving to hold Eva

Uncle Andy




No comments:

Post a Comment