Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013


For Christmas Eve we went to my parents’ house.  The day/night was full of lots of fun.  The boys opened their gifts and had a blast playing with all the new toys they got.  We had a yummy dinner from Pine and Bamboo and enjoyed everyone’s poems.  Last year, my brother Andy wanted to start a tradition of everyone reading a poem or a quote.  So everyone took their turn.  Last year my mom wrote her own poem and she did the same this year.  However, this year she had us all in tears with her creativity.  She took us on a descriptive tour of a house and the activity that went on in it.  Though she never said where we were, we all knew what house it was.  It was our grandparents house.  She described it perfectly and did a great job.  My brothers have asked her to write it down for them, so hopeful she can get it in writing soon for us all to have.  

After looking back on the pictures I took, I realized I did a horrible job of taking pictures.  I didn't get one of Malinda and her family.  Hopefully she will post and I can link to her blog to see them and her pictures:-)

The boys


Gran and Gramps with the boys

me, Hunter, Jeremy and Bow

Aly and her fiance Donnie

Andy and his fiance Liz
Shaun, Melissa and Cole



Toward the end of the night, Wes was pretending to sleep on the floor so Hunter joined in too.  But Hunter really wanted to sleep and Wes was doing it all for funJ  The boys are too cute to watch play and interact together. 

Time for bed?

Hunter could have fallen asleep

all smiles

and back to sleeping




We left my parents a little later than planned but Hunter did a great job of staying awake on the way home.  He kept pointing out Christmas lights on houses and looking for Santa out the window.  When we got home, we sat out milk and cookies, got Hunter ready for bed and read The Night Before Christmas.  It didn’t take Hunter long to fall asleep after his busy day.

After Santa came I had to take a picture of what he left!

No comments:

Post a Comment